By changing from white flour to rice, corn, buckwheat or soybean flour, you can make gluten free recipes. So if you are on a gluten free diet you can create your own pancakes by using one of these gluten free flours.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla
1. Stir yeast into warm water, let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Combine salt, and buckwheat flour in a large bowl, add yeast mixture and stir.
3. Cover bowl and let it sit out overnight.
4. In the morning, stir in the molasses, baking soda, butter and vanilla in the bowl.
5. Lightly butter the griddle and heat on medium high.
6. Drop batter onto the griddle by ¼ cup.
7. Cook until the pancake bubbles then flip it over.
8. Continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown.
9. Gluten Free Pancakes are ready.