Coconut is a very nutritious food. It is full of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Many islanders consider the coconut as a medicine for many health problems. So by adding it into your flapjacks you are creating a healthy snack for your family. Plus, the combined flavors of the coconut and the walnuts will melt in your mouth.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Maple sugar
- 3 ½ cups oats ( not instant)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease 12x 9 inch pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar, and syrup in large sauce pan.
3. Heat over medium heat until mixture has melted.
4. Stir in the oats, coconut and walnuts.
5. Press the mixture in to the baking pan.
6 . Bake for 30 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
7. Coconut Flapjacks are ready to serve.